Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Boys = Dumb

I thought this one guy was interested in me and was just to shy to ask. He seemed interested in me during several get togethers. I read body language and in general he seemed interested. I don't think of myself as an overly stupid person. This caught me totally by surprise.

As I left the bar last night and he walked me out to my car I said, "Your friends are great but I'd like to spend some time just the two of us." He took a step back, crossed his arms and said "Well, when you say that you mean dating right? I don't know if it's the right time for us."

Now I realize women can over-analize a situation. I realize because of some of the training I've had I can be worse about it than most. I was totally unprepared for that reation.

What I was more unprepared for was my own reaction. At first I was confused. Then when he said "We can spend some time together getting to know each other" I was more confused. I said so. I'm not a sublte woman. Then as I got into my car I was upset and annoyed. I kept thinking if you aren't interest SAY SO. Don't waste your time and mine. If your feelings have changed I understand but don't (for the love of wool) try and act like you are DOING ME A FLIPPING FAVOR by spending time with me. I'm quite capable of getting dates myself. Granted, lots of them just want a piece but I don't need date charity.

Thank you for letting me vent. I'm 90% sure there's more there than I know and once some things are explained I could 180. Right now I think he resembles the Democratic Mascot.

No comments: